Wish to contact me ? Go ahead - tzblog_at_gmail_com

Name:Mairosu
Location:Belgrade, Serbia


My site was nominated for Best Entertainment Blog!

























Template by Thur Broeders. Bedankt, Thur !


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tell you what...

Well, it's been quite a while since my last update - almost, eh, wow, five years ? Five years is a century in internet time...anyway, let's just put it this way. Plenty something happened in my life since that last posting - I switched residence around four times (including switching countries of residence), I started getting serious work done, I got married, I got a 9-month (as of today) old daughter, I learned how to drive (yes, I'm a Johnny come lately regarding this), I bought a house...and it all left precious little time to bother with the Twilight Zone. So, I figured, I'd let this one rot a while and be forgotten.

But forgotten it was not.

Despite the fact I'm not updating for an internet century, I still get mails. I get mails from people asking me to help them ID a particular episode, be it TZ, or something from Outer Limits, or Tales from the Darkside, or Amazing Stories (a Canadian lady asked for a Amazing Stories ep and left her phone number - I was courteous enough to give her a ring and let her know which ep it was). I get mails from people from all walks of life - a guy who teaches international politics at some US college also let me know he reads my entries. I got honoured by Wikipedia which uses screen caps I foraged for their new TZ article entries. I, of course, get mails by people asking about those blue people. And I even got in touch with a few writers - J. Neil Schulman, known for his prophetic Alongside Night, actually found time to contribute to Profile in Silver article, and I still keep in touch with Alan Brennert (who has a new book coming out soon).

But most of all, I get mails asking me to continue and finish this project. And, let me tell you - the voices are starting to get angry. And annoying. And...I caved in at the end.

You might now think I get swarmed by mails - I don't, this is a dramatic exaggeration. But, I did get a fair amount, and people were mostly courteous about it. Now, you could also say I'm pandering to my bloated feeling of self-importance (hey, find me a writer who doesn't like audience ?) - you're right, I plead guilty. But, what is most touching here is that my little pet project, my own thoughts about a TV show, struck a chord with other people. People cared about it, and read it, and contributed. Yes - I do come off like a total jackass at times (boy, I'm still puzzled about being a colossal blockhead in the Monsters ! review - kind readers have chimed in with their explanations and for that I'm thankful...and let's not even mention the whole I of Newton fiasco in the comments), but most reviews seem to hold up.

So let's finish this. I'm gonna head out to my old apartment and dig out those discs which contain the last few eps. And, while at it, maybe I start watching the UPN Zone and writing about it. Maybe. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe...

Yours truly,

-- M

Comments on "Tell you what..."

 

Blogger Richie said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Excellent news, even more so with the potential addition of the UPN series being given this treatment. Looking forward for the future entries!

 

Anonymous John said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Good to know things are going well. I continued checking priodically to see if you ever updated. Welcome back!

 

Anonymous Long Live Gold Earring said ... (3:00 PM) : 

So when can we expect the blog to get back on track, good friend? =)

 

Blogger Motion Channel said ... (2:35 AM) : 

The Twilight Zone - Evergreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkMJutJMGo

 

Blogger David Smith said ... (9:56 AM) : 

It's informative post, really I read and like this type of article & blog post.

Free Sample Kits
Snap Packs
Direct Mail Mortgage Marketing

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:09 AM) : 

Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

Over 160 000 men and women are using a simple and secret "water hack" to lose 1-2 lbs each and every night as they sleep.

It's effective and works on anybody.

This is how you can do it yourself:

1) Grab a clear glass and fill it up half glass

2) Proceed to use this strange hack

and you'll be 1-2 lbs thinner as soon as tomorrow!

 

post a comment