Wish to contact me ? Go ahead - tzblog_at_gmail_com

Name:Mairosu
Location:Belgrade, Serbia


My site was nominated for Best Entertainment Blog!

























Template by Thur Broeders. Bedankt, Thur !


Monday, March 06, 2006

Season One awards : part 4 of 4

And here we are at the end of first season, dishing out the last quartal awards. As you might notice, I thought the tail end of this batch of TZ episodes was rather strong. Yes, we had our first clunker in a while in Devil's Alphabet, but we also had some very, very strong entries, such as Dead Run, Profile in Silver, Shadow Play etc.

But enough with that, let's move to the awards themselves.

The Golden Rod award for Twilight Zone excellence goes to : Cold Reading, Dead Run, Profile in Silver, Need to Know, Take My Life...Please !, The Library, Shadow Play, Grace Note, A Day in Beaumont, The Last Defender of Camelot

The Silver Rod award for valuable addition to the Twilight Zone canon goes to : The Leprechaun-Artist, Button Button, Red Snow

The Bronze Rod award for good effort goes to : Devil's Alphabet

As you can see, eleven episodes got the golden honours this time around - an absolute record. And from the average ones, Button Button could have been great, and Red Snow was agonizingly close to greatness...but hey. Shadow Play is the first remake to earn the golden Rod, as well.

Comments, questions ? You know the drill - or contact me at my newly opened email, which is up there in the top left corner of this page (right under my profile).

Up next : a brief introspective.

Comments on "Season One awards : part 4 of 4"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

I would have gone:

Golden Rod: Cold Reading, Dead Run, Profile in Silver, Button Button, Need to Know, The Last Defender of Camelot

Silver Rod: Red Snow, Devil's Alphabet, Shadow Play, A Day in Beaumont

Bronze Rod: The Leprechaun-Artist, Take My Life... Please!, The Library, Grace Note

Leprechaun-Artist pushed the Irish thing over the edge, Take My Life... Please! was too difficult, and both Library and Grace Note were gigantic bores. (The latter nearly put me to sleep.) Not a bad quarter, overall.

 

Blogger The Philosopher said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Here's my end of season awards. For me theres just the really good and really bad that are worth highlighting.

Absolutely Awesome: A little peace and quiet, Chameleon, A Message from Charity, A Small Talent for War, To See the Invisible Man, Dead Run, Shadow Play

Rotten Tomato: The Devil's Alphabet,Cold Reading, Welcome to Winfield, Tooth and Consequences (oh my god that was bad!), Opening Day, Still Life, Wong's Lost and Found Emporium, Act Break, Teacher's Aide,Wish Bank

Overall well worth my time so far as most of the episodes not mentioned were decent to good. Roll on Season 2!

 

post a comment